The report reveals the trends and lessons from the 2020 IPA Effectiveness Awards, analysing what differentiated the winners from the rest of the entries, and offering granular insight into marketing effectiveness.
- Both short-and long-term activations can sustain the brand and deliver gains.
- Challenger thinking is being adopted by brands of different shapes and sizes.
- Consistency is key to long-term brand growth, though can be more effective if given a twist.
- Robust data to facilitate decision making, a commitment to brand creativity and an effectiveness culture are vital to closing the board-brand rift.
- Distinctive assets can work harder for brands at a time when budgets are shrinking.
- Best practice is relative to factors such as brand size, audience and goals.
The full report, available to WARC subscribers and IPA members, includes full chapter analysis of the themes, data and infographics, case studies and expert industry commentary.