AA/WARC Expenditure Report Q1/FY 2023
The Advertising Association/WARC Expenditure Report is the most trusted source of UK adspend data.
The executive summary and access to the full dataset is available via subscription only, however you can submit your details below to read a sample of the report.
The latest report covers newly verified figures for Q1 2023. The key findings show that:
- UK ad spend was flat during the first three months of 2023, at a total of £9.0bn.
- With the exception of search (+5.1%), out of home (+5.1%) and online display (+3.6), all media recorded a decrease in spend during the quarter.
- Among the product categories, services recorded the strongest rise in investment (+17.1%) while industrial (-23.1%) saw the largest cut.
- Though spend was flat, the first quarter performance was ahead of forecast, leading to an upgrade of our full-year outlook for 2023 to 2.6% growth (from 0.5% previously).
- We believe that the UK’s ad market will grow by a further 4.0% in 2024, to reach a total of £37.1bn.
The AA/WARC Expenditure Report is now available within the WARC Media platform. Contact us to learn how you can access the full report data.